Friday, June 26, 2015

Jason goes to Docfest--Day 14

The penultimate night! I'm almost done.

First up was the dance flick, LORDS OF BSV. BSV = Bed Stuy Veterans, and they're disciples of Brukup, a dance style that...this white boy has no idea how to describe. It's fun, it's awesome, and it should just be watched. Hey, check out this trailer for a taste. Now imagine a feature film of that, and you get to meet all the characters. Wouldn't that be cool? Heck, yeah it was.

And then SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL--THE TRUE STORY OF THE PROCESS CHURCH OF THE FINAL JUDGMENT. Asked--but never really answered--many times throughout the film is "What is the Process?" And it sometimes seemed like a joke, sometimes a dangerous cult, but mostly just a joke. Okay, maybe that's my bias because that's my opinion of all religion, but these people seemed to be more "in" on the joke than most. And then they're called Satanists (because they kind of worship Jesus and Satan) and blamed for inspiring Charles Manson. So I don't know, maybe they're more serious than I think, or this movie makes them out to be. Fuck, I don't know, it was over a week ago and I was tired. I think I enjoyed it.

Total Running Time: 180 minutes
My Total Minutes: 401,809

No comments: