Thursday, August 14, 2014

Jason watches DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

And yeah, it's pretty good. Nice follow-on to the last one. Interesting vision of ape culture, and sets up the conflict very well as not apes vs. humans but coalition of good apes and good humans vs. bad apes and bad humans. And of course the CGI was great and there's all the talk of Andy Serkis deserves an Oscar (he won't get it, but he's already gotten tons of praise.)

The thing is, they fuck around with San Francisco geography way too much. Unless I'm confused, they had Market Street running right up to the Palace of Fine Arts and the Golden Gate Bridge. Now maybe I'm confused about the geography in the movie, but I definitely know they erred when they gave the BART a turnstile entrance instead of the opening/closing gates. And I know all of this is tiny, unimportant stuff. But it freakin' bugs me.

Running Time: 130 minutes
My Total Minutes: 367,684

No comments: