Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Jason slips into a Vortex for some Bummertime and has a VACATION FROM HELL

Catching up again, as I seem to have fallen perilously close to a month behind in my blog.

Anyway, all month (July) the Vortex Room has been doing a series of Endless Bummer movies. Summertime fun gone horribly wrong. And nowadays I cherish every moment I can spend in the Vortex Room, as it's under constant threat of eviction. Fucking gentrification. Anyway...

A VACATION IN HELL (1979): A group of five vacationers at a beach resort have an opportunity to take a boat out and explore the 'wild side' of the island. And, of course, things go horribly wrong, complete with ridiculous 1970s stereotypes of the savage natives. Oh yeah, and it stars Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady.) And it was made for TV, so we don't even get any good gratuitous violence or nudity. But whatever, it was still stupid cheesy fun.

Running Time: 120 minutes
My Total Minutes: 367,279

No comments: