Thursday, April 24, 2014

Jason watches MUPPETS MOST WANTED

But first, it was preceded by a Pixar short PARTY CENTRAL. I never saw MONSTERS UNIVERSITY, and this is based in that world. It's pretty funny, the monsters in the lame frat use door portals to steal a party from the cool frat. And a good time is had by all.

And then the feature, which picks up right where MUPPETS left off. Literally, with them celebrating at the end of the movie, talking about how that's a wrap, etc...and then realizing the cameras are still rolling and launching into a musical number about how they must be in a sequel (with Dr. Bunsen Honeydew pointing out that it's actually their seventh sequel.) Which is easily the best part of the movie. The rest...a silly plot about an evil Kermit doppelganger with a plan to steal the crown jewels...is entertaining enough. I liked it, I just didn't have the amazing emotional resonance I had with the MUPPETS in 2011 (or going back and watching their first movie from 1979.) Back then I missed them. Now they're a part of my life again. And it's good to be in a Muppets world. It's just not as exciting as their big comeback. Or maybe it's just not as good of a movie. But it was still pretty fun for this Muppet of a man (or very manly Muppet?)

Total Running Time: 112 minutes
My Total Minutes: 359,346

No comments: