Saturday, March 29, 2014

Jason goes to CAAMFest--Wednesday March 19

Just one show last week Wednesday, one of the few movies I actually missed at Indiefest.

But first, the short GRACE. A ballet dancer and a prostitute, in parallel action. Set to the sound of Amazing Grace.

And that was the lead-in to KARAOKE GIRL, a semi-documentary about Sa Sittijun. With flashbacks to her parents meager subsistence in rural Thailand, Sa works in the nightclubs of Bangkok. It's not hard to figure out that she does more than sing for a living. She's a sex worker, and it's not the least bit glamorous. Nor is it all that compelling. At least not to me, not in my state of exhaustion. I spent most of the movie struggling to stay awake. I'd apologize, but all my friends who saw it at Indiefest told me the same thing. So that's that.

Running Time: 85 minutes
My Total Minutes: 358,713

No comments: