Friday, August 3, 2012

Jason watches DARK HORSE

Back in 1995, Todd Solondz made a brilliantly cynical movie that really spoke to me, seeing as how it was all about how much junior high sucks when your name is Wiener. Since then, his movies have earned a reputation of being cynical, depressing, and hilarious (okay, maybe I'm the only one who finds them funny. Although I do remember a pair of lesbians sitting behind me during HAPPINESS and laughing even more than me.) So it seems something of a departure for him to make a somewhat sweet love story. That is, if you find thirty-something losers with severe emotional problems sweet. Oh yeah, and (SPOILER ALERT) death. Yes, for Todd Solondz this is sweet and romantic. 'Nuff said.

Running Time: 86 minutes
My Total Minutes: 295,292

No comments: