Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jason goes to Bad Movie Night and watches NINE 1/2 WEEKS

Mickey Rourke month started last Sunday, and I want to say it started with a "bang," but I'm too sophisticated for a cheap sex joke.

Ah, who am I kidding, this whole movie is a cheap sex joke. Mickey Rourke seduces Kim Basinger, and they have an affair for 9 1/2 weeks. But for them, an affair means blindfolds, tying up, drizzling food, etc. Until maybe about 8 weeks in they finally smoosh their genitals together (on a staircase, like that's comfortable.) Call me an old fuddy-duddy, but I'm kind of a fan of the classic interlocking crotches. Maybe that goes back to my childhood and my fondness for jigsaw puzzles. But what am I, a Freudian? All I know is this movie sucked.

Next week, ANGEL HEART.

Running Time: 112 minutes
My Total Minutes: 296,461

No comments: