Monday, April 16, 2012

Jason goes to Bad Movie Night and watches THE GAME OF DEATH

I've been to many Bad Movie Nights at the Dark Room, some of them truly, truly awful (awfulness of say, DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS proportions.) This is the first film I've seen that offends me by its existence. Bruce Lee shot ~30 minutes of fight footage, then died. So they wrote a plot around that, about a kung fu movie star who fakes his death to find out who is trying to kill him. Then they inserted footage of Bruce Lee's actual funeral and finished the movie with two stand-ins covered by ridiculous facial hair, big sunglasses, or at one point a fucking cardboard cutout of Bruce Lee's face. And, of course, none of them can fight like Lee.

I'm sorry, I have nothing funny to say. It's just bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.

Oh yeah, and Bruce Lee fakes his death by being shot with a real bullet from what's supposed to be a fake prop gun. Just like his son Brandon Lee actually died while shooting THE CROW. Creepy!

Running Time: 85 minutes
My Total Minutes: 277,630

No comments: