Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Jason sees SPACEBALLS at Starlight Cinema

Back at Starlight Cinema for some free outdoor movies.

And this time, they actually played a Cinequest short--TIME FREAK, part of the Comedy Favorites from this year. A guy invents a time machine, but gets hung up on trying to use it to perfect every moment of his life. That's exhausting!

And then the feature, SPACEBALLS. This was one of my favorite movies as a kid. And now, seeing it as a grown up, I still love it. Sure, the humor is juvenile, and it's really, really cheesy, but it still works for me. In fact, I was surprised to see how many of the lines I still knew by heart. Lots of fun.

Oh, and the projection was somewhat better than last week's THE BIG LEBOWSKI. The wavy artifact was gone, and it looked at least close to the right aspect ratio, although it was slightly cropped on the edges. That mostly didn't matter, except during the plastic surgery scene--the comparison picture of her old nose was just barely off screen. Oh, well.

Next week, THE BIRDS (although I won't be there, I'll be at the Quakes game).

Total Running Time: 106 minutes
My Total Minutes: 242,390

No comments: